Holistic Nutrition is a relatively new profession, but the idea behind it is rooted in how we operate. As a Holistic Nutritionist, I help you work with your unique body, and take into consideration how everything in your life affects your health and wellness.
At first glance, you may think what a Holistic Nutritionist does is similar to a conventional nutritionist or dietician, or a diet program. However, there are some subtle nuances that I feel make our approach beneficial in terms of creating positive changes that last.
As a Holistic Nutritionist:
- I work with the concept of bio-individuality. My approach is client-driven. Instead of getting a one-size-fits-all meal plan or fad diet, I create customized plans for my clients based on their individual circumstances, lifestyle habits, health condition and other needs.
- I also promise to work hand-in-hand with your medical providers to ensure you are getting the best healthcare possible.
- I approach nutrition as “whole foods”, instead of compartmentalizing them into individual nutrients such as calories, carbs, proteins, fats etc. Why? Because the synergistic relationship among these various components when they are ingested in the form of whole foods, deliver more benefit than when they are taken as individual nutrients.
- To get the most benefit, I often suggest working together over several months with sessions that last 30 minutes to 1 hour. I am able to support you throughout this process, so that we are able to look into lifestyle choices and work on changing habits, resulting in meaningful and positive behavioral changes that last for a life time and deliver long-term health benefits.
- Consultations with me are goal, action and results-oriented. My approach focuses on implementation and integration, so that healthy changes result in a new lifestyle.
- Instead of treating the symptoms, I work with my clients to get to the underlying causes of their health concerns. We look at how issues such as stress, emotional distress, lack of physical activity, or over training, affect our overall wellbeing. I help my clients cultivate the awareness to improve all areas of their lives.
- Instead of forcing my clients to stick to a plan which does not work for them, I listen to my clients’ needs and concerns, then work with them to get over any blocks or resistance, ensuring any behavioral changes they make remain in the long run.
- Because we live in the age of information overload, you need someone to discern what information is beneficial and how it can work in your life. That person is me!
Let Me Be Your “Health Advocate”
As your Holistic Nutritionist, I support you to live your life to the fullest. Working with me, you will get:
- A plan of ACTION that is realistic, practical and actionable
- GUIDANCE to implement changes that work with your lifestyle
- SUPPORT to course-correct if necessary to stay on track
- ACCOUNTABILITY that leads to success that lasts a lifetime
What is Not Taking Action Costing You?
Chances are, if you invest in your health and wellness, you will recover your investment and more through savings in some medications, unnecessary supplements, fad diets, ineffective treatments, as well as increased productivity and fewer sick days. Additionally, you can’t put a price on having more vitality, less stress, better relationships, and a happier overall life.
Share this Post