Trauma, transitions, health issues and other life stressors can undermine a person’s sense of wholeness. Keet is committed to helping people integrate these challenges and return to a grounded, authentic connection to themselves, to others, to a sense of purpose and growth.
Keet has worked as a Counsellor with Connect Health, since it opened in 2011. She adapts her therapeutic approach to individual needs, drawing from training in Reflective Listening, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and more.
Keet’s life experiences as a wife, mother, award-winning documentary filmmaker, and training as a nurse and integrative counsellor, have led to a deep appreciation for the complex interplay between health, mind, body and spirit.
Professional Associations – Education and Training
- Professional member of the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT).
- Graduate in counselling – The Cura Institute of Integrated Learning 2006-2009.
- Completed the Satir Institute of the Pacific – Transformational Systemic Therapy Level 1.
- Attended Cognitive Behavioral and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy and Vipassana Meditation courses.
- Graduate in nursing from Langara College. Registered Nurse in British Columbia 1977-1989
Please contact Keet for:
- Emotional support during a time of loss or transition.
- Support for healthy aging
- Coming to terms with chronic illness and/or end of life
- Support for career challenges
- Clarifying how past events or stories from the past can influence choices in the present.
- Understanding, accepting and taming emotions.
- Tools for increased self-esteem and acceptance.
- Support with living mindfully.
- Tools for mindful parenting.
- Developing effective communication skills.
- Help to find a better understanding of ‘self’ and how to shape a meaningful life.
Workshops and support groups offered:
- Know Thyself – A workshop involving meditation, mindfulness practices and discussion of some of the latest findings that help in understanding ourselves and what makes us feel whole. Next workshop TBA.
- TBA – support group for people suffering with anxiety and depression
Testimonies available for counseling practice and workshop if needed.
Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.Viktor Frankl